Sunday, July 4, 2010

Updates: More Pictures from the art unveiling and crafty happenings

I must admit that I was so busy during the show, I didn't take photos of all of the people there. Oh well! I definitely will at the next one! Here are some photos of the art

all of the framed origami


angle shots




left side


right side


I will post the pictures of the stand-alone and series pieces that are still avaiable for purchase soon.

CRAFTY HAPPENINGS
I have just posted the rest of the pictures of the pieces I sold at the art unveiling in the previous post. Other than that I have been quite busy and have not been able to blog regularly, so here are a few more updates!

1. After the art show, I received numerous commission requests, so that's what I have been working on lately.

2. The origami crane mobile workshop has been postponed and will hopefully be offered in the fall

3. I will be putting some of my art work up at Ambiance Chocolat - a wonderful chocolate/coffee shop, for the month of August. They have the best chocolate hazelnut croissants in the city!

http://ambiancechocolat.ca/contact-us/

4. I have submitted an art piece for The Paper Place's Six by Eight art exhibition. The opening reception will take place on Thursday, July 8th from 7-10pm. If my art is accepted into the exhibition, it will be there from July 6 - August 5.


Title: Just Visiting

6' x 8'

chiyogami, card stock, textured paper, plasticine (modeling clay)


5. I will be donating a special origami piece for the (drop-in) South Riverdale Child-Parent Centre's Annual Auction in the fall, to raise money for the centre. I do quite a bit of programming with them and support the work they do. I plan to make a family-oriented piece with 1-3 origami people in it.

6. Some of the framed origami is hanging in Woodside Square Public Library, I believe, until the end of July. The pieces there are all stand-alones and can be purchased separately, though I always find that it likes nice when you have a set of three together because of the size of the frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment