Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Short History of SAM-urai ^__^

My fascination with Japanese culture, nurtured my love for origami. I have folded over 2,000 cranes for different causes and occasionally teach origami classes to spread the love of paper art.

-ORIGAMI-
*One-of-a-Kind Framed Origami*
My one-of-a-kind origami art works are displayed in 17cm x 17cm x 4cm shadow boxes. Every piece is different and unique. Although some of the patterns are the same, the pose and hair may be different. Hair styles, accessories and additions to the origami kimono people have also been cut by hand. Paper used in some of the works, has come straight from Japan and cannot be replaced! The framed origami can be used for home decor and restaurants. Custom design work is welcomed.

*Kusudama*
My sister Chris and I have started dabbling in the wedding industry (thanks to our friend Sharon)by making kusudama. These flower balls are quite tedious and to make one by myself takes 3 hours. Working together with my sister, it takes 1h 30mins to make one. Each kusudama consists of five petals to make one flower and 12 flowers to make one kusudama - 60 petals altogether. You really have to love origami to make something like this ^__^

NEW! *Origami Mobiles*
I have recently started constructing origami mobiles. While I have begun using paper cranes, I probably will try other origami figures as well. I will be teaching a workshop on how to make them at The Paper Place (887 Queen St. West) soon.

ORIGAMI WORKSHOPS/PROGRAMS - Chris and I do workshops at various Toronto Public Library locations.

-GREETING CARDS-
*Pop-Up Cards*
I started making handcrafted cards last year for friends and due to it's popularity decided to try selling them as well. Each of the pop-up cards has been hand carved with a precision knife.

*Origami Cards*
I have incorporated origami into some of my cards, including the holiday ones. Origami figures have included: fish, cranes and mice.

*Decorated Cards*
I decorate cards for various occasions, especially holiday greeting cards. Cards can be customized for an additional cost. Cards are decorated with confetti, textured paper, markers and other material.

No comments:

Post a Comment