Monday, March 29, 2010

"Sushi" Series Part I

In preparing for the art opening at DISTRICT, I decided to do a sushi series. I completed three works and though I'd love to post the pictures here, I will have to wait until after the event! I would like to have some new works that have not been seen yet. Perhaps this will entice people to come and see them.

The names of the artworks for the first "Sushi" Series are:

いらっしゃいませ (irasshaimase) which is a Japanese greeting which, loosely translated means, "Come in. I'm ready to serve you."

板前 (itamae) which means chef of Japanese cooking, in charge of a kitchen in a large restaurant. The literal translation means "in front of the board", referring to the cutting board.

まきすじ おねがいします(maki sushi onegaishimasu) maki sushi refers to sushi served rolled inside or around dried and pressed layer sheets of seaweed (nori). Maki sushi is usually cut into 6-8 pieces. Onegaishimasu is the polite way of saying please when making a request for items/service.

I will definitely post the pictures here later on! I'm quite happy with how they turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment