Tuesday, October 26, 2010

UPDATED - HOWL-o-ween!...a little off-topic, but still working with paper!

This one's a bit off-topic, but Halloween is just to fun! I have a number of kids programs coming up and so I've come up with some really fun ideas for Halloween tricks and treats!!

-GHOST POPS-
Its been done before, but it's way too fun!

materials: round lollipops like tootsie pops or chupa chups (not the flat ones), facial tissue/kleenex, clear tape, marker
1. Get a Tootsie Pop or Chupa Chup and wrap it in white tissue.
2. Use a piece of scotch tape and wrap it around the neck.
3. Use a marker to draw a face on it. The weirder or scarier the facial expression, the better!

-PUMPKIN POPS-
I ended up buying the regular flat lollipops too. You know, the kind that they give you after you pay the bill for your lunch or got as a treat when you were young. The flat kind of lollipop doesn't really give off a ghosty feeling. I decided to try something different! They turned out pretty well!

materials: flat rounded lollipops, orange tissue paper, clear tape, marker, green pipecleaner
1. Use a square piece of orange tissue paper (big enough to wrap your lollipop)
2. Use the lollipop stick to poke a whole right in the centre of the tissue paper.
3. Slide the lollipop through the whole until the candy part is just touching the paper
4. Fold the two bottom corners of the plastic on the lollipop to the centre and gently pull the tissue paper from all the ends upwards. Sometimes, the plastic will rip through. If it does, you can either leave it as is, or use some tape to fix it up
5. Use the green pipe cleaner to bring all of the tissue paper together at the top, so it looks like a pumpkin
6. Draw your pumpkin face with a marker

-GHOST POPS with ROCKET ARMS-
I decided to do something with some of the other ghosts and I had a bag of boring rockets, so I thought it would be interesting to use them as arms.

1. Follow the same instructions for ghost pops (see above)
2. Use clear tape to attach the rocket arms.

I have one or two more things I'm working on, so I'll post those once I finish.

UPDATE!! ZOMBIE GHOST POP MOB!!




I did do majority of the treats, but I must also give credit to the staff that helped me make these SUPERAWESOME treats! Thanks!!


Have a HAPPY HOWL-o-ween!

1 comment:

  1. lol first follower and i wish i had ur awesome skills in a way u still have it and i just copied thatt skill.... yeah just lovin what u do keep up the pro works

    ReplyDelete